Lilypie Second Birthday tickers



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thankful

I've been reminded over the past couple of weeks how precious life is and how nothing can be taken for granted. 

Two friends of mine have lost pregnancies in the last two weeks, both at around the 8 week mark.  Although everyone knows how common this is and how thinigs always tend to work out, it doesn't take away the pain of losing something so wanted and already loved.  My heart aches for these women.  Hearing these stories reminds me how wonderful my little guy is and what a miracle he truly is; reminds me to take the time to snuggle him a little closer and enjoy each moment with him, rather than just thinking about the next step or stage in his life; reminds me that God is in control and we are blessed beyond words for our healthy baby.

In addition, a few days ago a classmate from high school passed away after battling a rare form of cancer over the past year and a half.  She was 31.  During her battle, she posted on Facebook often and always had nothing but positive things to say and a great outlook on life.  Her faith never wavered and she fought until the end.  I know she is in a better place now and free from pain, but I feel for her family.  Watching her go from a vibrant woman to frail and unrecognizable must have been unbelievably tough.  This reminds me to live life to the fullest and not take anyting for granted.  I am so thankful for my healthy and happy family.

Life is precious and each day is such a blessing.  Live it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment