I am having such a hard time getting these posts done on time! I think I may be in a bit of denial that my little baby is turning into a little boy. Nate is at such a fun age right now, and we've been really enjoying watching his personality grow and watching him learn and discover new things. A little info about this month:
- Weighs about 17 lbs, and is about 26 inches long.
- Wears size 3 diapers, 3-6 month and 6 months clothing.
- Had his first virus this month--fortunately, it was just a 24 hour thing. He ran a fever and was a little needier than usual, but otherwise, was fine.
- Eats about 6 oz of milk every 3 hours. I've successfully stopped pumping, and we are slowly using our freezer stash. Nate gets at least one bottle of breastmilk every day; the rest is organic infant formula.
- He eats some solids 3 times a day--we offer it to him, and if he eats great, and if not, no biggie. We've tried oatmeal (not a big fan), pears, bananas, apples, mangoes (loves them!), peaches (yummy), prunes, carrots, peas, and sweet potatoes. We've also moved on to some combinations: pumpkin & banana; mango, spinach and pears (loves this); peach rice pudding; kiwi & banana; sweet potato & apricot (not a fan). I've made some of his food, but primarily we buy Plum, Happy Baby or Sprout organic foods. I highly recommend them all!
- Also loves to eat Mum Mums--we have to be careful with these though because Nate tends to take a big bite and then can get choked on them.
- Sleeps from about 7 pm until 6:15 am. We have to get up occasionally to do paci pushes or reposition him if he wakes up, but overall, we are sleeping pretty good. Nate has started rolling over and sleeping on his stomach, which I have to get used to...it still makes me nervous!
- Loves to scream and babble.
- He's getting a little bit of an attitude--he's definitely capable of letting us know when he's not happy about something.
- Loves to pet the dogs and just stares at them all the time.
- Is starting to lunge for everything. He's so curious and just wants to explore everything.
- He can sit up now unsupported. But, we have to keep an eye on him and stay close by because he tends to topple over after a few minutes.
- He's gotten good at rolling over in both directions. At night, he will roll back and forth until he finally settles down for the night.
- He loves to play with his toys and to read books.
- Absolutely loves to be outside--walks, Arboretum, trips to the park, sitting out back--if he's outside, he's happy.
- We introduced the sippy cup this month. Nate liked it but still needs to get used to it.
I really think we may just have the cutest baby ever, and I'm totally not biased! We love you Nate! Our hearts are so full and we are so thankful and blessed to have you!