Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

Overall, we had a great Christmas this year.  It was a bit eventful (more to come) and I'm starting to see a trend with our holidays! 

Love those rosy cheeks!
Christmas Eve we went to the 7:00 pm service at our church.  It was a candlelight and communion service, which I love!  Nate did pretty well during the service.  It started right when he normally goes to bed.  He did fine for the first 15 minutes, then got fussy.  Michael held him outside for a little while and then we switched.  After 10 min of holding Nate, he fell fast asleep in my arms.  I took communion standing up holding the little guy and he didn't wake up until we got home--not even when we put him back in his carseat.  We managed to lose one of his shoes though at church.  Little bugger kicked it off at some point.  I'm hoping it turns up in the lost and found!

Ready for Church.
After we got Nate settled and in bed, I made Christmas Eve dinner for Michael and I.  We had lamb chops with a black cherry reduction, a sweet pea risotto, brussel sprouts with bacon, rolls and champagne.  It was delish!  After dinner, we did our Wish ornament.  Last year, all of our wishes came true (we are very blessed!); we jotted down new ones for 2011.  Then we exchanged the gifts we got for each other. 

I gave Michael a sweater, shirt and tie from Brooks Brothers and a pair of "fancy" jeans.  Winston gave Michael a paw washer and towel since Winnie is always finding mud out in the backyard to play in. 
Paw washer

Michael gave me a Le Creuset dutch oven--I've been wanting one forever!  Then we got things set up from Santa and called it a night.
The next morning we opened gifts and showed Nate what Santa brought him for Christmas.  Although he won't remember this Christmas, we still had a lot of fun.  Nate got an exersaucer and lots of clothes and other little toys.  He was mesmerized!
With his first golf club.
Loved the exersaucer!
Then we packed everything up to head to our parents' houses.  When Michael started to load up the car, Winnie and Lexi decided to go on a joy run.  They bolted out of the house--totally out of character for them--and ran off down the street.  I was holding Nate at the time and instinctively lunged forward when they ran out.  Of course, when this happened my thumb caught the back of his ear and scratched it pretty good.  Immediate tears from both baby and mom...again!  I'm ready for a holiday that is tear-free!
Once Michael caught up with the dogs (with some help from a nice woman who saw him running after the dogs and stopped to give them a lift back home--she was on her way to walk some dogs and had extra leashes and everything in her car...a Christmas miracle!) we got packed up and headed north. 

We went to my family's house first and opened gifts.  Nate got a ton of fun toys that beep, bleep and make noise.  I got a Flip video camera and Michael got a North Face pullover and some gift cards.  Very fun.
Then we headed over to Michael's family's house for more presents.  Nate got even more fun stuff, some diapers and I got a Beaba baby food maker.  Yay!  Michael got some more shirts and ties as well.
Later that evening, my family came over and we all had some vegetable soup for Christmas dinner.  Then, we headed home and tucked lil' man into bed.  He fell fast asleep after such an eventful day. 
Overall, it was a wonderful Christmas and we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment