Lilypie Second Birthday tickers



Friday, July 30, 2010

Rebel Yells and Anniversary Tales

Last Saturday we "celebrated" our 6th anniversary.  It's hard to believe 6 years have gone by already!  Given its such a random anniversary and coupled with the facts that 1) we've been together nearly 14 years so celebrating 6 years of marriage falls into that "just another year category" and 2) are completely distracted by all things baby, we really didn't plan on doing much to celebrate.  Michael had to work the night shift Saturday night, and my baby shower was earlier that day, so we decided to forego any big celebration. 

Instead, we went and got bagels together at Einsteins Saturday morning, and then went to Best Buy to purchase our anniversary gift to each other:


Canon Rebel EOS T1
We've officially graduated from a point and shoot camera to the SLR.  This camera will be perfect for capturing every minute of the baby's life.  See, it really is about all things baby.  I just need to figure out how to use the fancy thing!  I think for the first time I will actually read the manual that comes with the camera!

So, while it was a relatively uneventful celebration and nothing too romantic with the lack of candles, flowers and white table clothes, it was a great day.  I'm thankful I married my best friend and can't wait to many more years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment